Sunday, February 14, 2021

February 14, 2021- Arrugh, we are banished to the Cycle Trainer due to the Artic COLD Front! :(

 



Well we've been in the DEEP FREEZE for 3 days and here in Co. Springs, CO. it's a balmy -5 F degrees and lightly snowing outside. :( It's been like this for several days and although I appreciate having a "in-home" cycle trainer but enough is enough!! LOL, well it's not stopping and looks like it will be Fri./Sat. next week before it MIGHT be decent enough out there to ride the bicycles! :( I know there's a LOT of us riders who are in the same boat with the current weather. We celebrated Valentines Day back on Friday 12, Feb. as it was a COLD but still partly sunny day. So we are treating today likes it's any other Sunday. I've done my AM. round on the trainer, with a set of warm up and streach exercises and lite workout with 5 lbs. dumbbells' after that. Here's a photo of my lovely wife of 40 years, JoLynn working away on the trainer, thank goodness for those folks in warmer climates that create YouTube bike ride videos!!! ;) 


If your stuck in this mess, you have our sympathy, here's hoping we all get a bit of decent weather by the end of next week so we can all be "Out and About on the Bicycles"! :) 

5 comments:

  1. We're due for a decade or worse storm the next few days in Texas. Trainers stink but better than nothing. Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally feel for you folks in TX.!!!! My Sister lives in Lubbock and her kids both live in Austin also, our daughter and son in law live in Killeen, he's career Army and they've had no heat for days!! Here in Co. Springs, IF we get those below zero temps it's usually in late December, first time I've seen them in February and Iam a CO. Native!!! Find a way to keep warm!! :)

      Delete
    2. I lived through a winter in Vermont in college, and that was the first and last time I really experienced major snow. Well, that's not true, I was in DC a year a while after that. But yeah, at least up north there are snowplows and insulation and so on so you're prepared for it. This was historic temperatures for an extended period and near-records for snow. Government and industry unfortunately were in cahoots to be either incompetent or corrupt or both, causing needless suffering. I got out easy as a renter, didn't lose power or internet, and water for only 10 hours. Anyway, hope your family members are ok.

      Delete
  2. It looks like my local MUP will be clear enough to ride soon. A little rain and temps in the mid 30's should do the trick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEA!! Enjoy, we MIGHT be able to ride on Tuesday but then snow's coming back for Weds. and it will take a few days above freezing to melt the ice off the local streets and trails! Your last video looked COLD I give you credit for riding!! :)

    ReplyDelete