Wednesday, March 16, 2022

March 15, 2022- Weekly Food Run and Ride to the Mesa Rd. overlook and back to Angletech, then a 3.5 mile walk back to the apartment

We attached the home-built utility trailer to my trike and rode over to the neighborhood marketplace store for our weekly FOOD run. Got back, unloaded the food and supplies, took the trailer back up to our 2nd. floor apartment. We headed out on the Pikes Peak Greenway over to the Sinton Trail heading west to the Foothills Trail, towards the Mesa Rd. Overlook but found out they only did a part of the trail in concrete and the rest was dirt on a fairly steep uphill grade so we decided to just turn around and head to Angletech, www.cycledifferent.com to drop off my trike for a rear wheel upgrade! 

They are building a new wheel with a "3 speed internal gear hub" that the 8 speed cassette attaches too and I will have 8 speeds in 3 different ranges so I will go from 8 to 24 speeds over all. This upgrade will give me a 1/2 step lower end gearing and a full step high end gearing. Wish it was the other way around but it will still help!! My appointment is for Thursday but the weather is turning bad and cold with snow possible on Thursday so I decided to just drop it off early. Today, Weds. is gray and cloudy and the rains will start this afternoon, then turn to snow early Thursday morning, RATS!! :(  

We are scheduled to be "Course Marshall's" for the St. Patrick's Day 30/50k bike ride on Saturday the 19th. I hope I can get the trike back by early Sat. morning and then be at my station on the route by 11:30 AM. If it snow's too much I can walk to the route station from my apartment so I will have to pick up the trike, when the shop reopens on Tuesday. :( 

Dropped off the trike and then had to do a 3.5 mile hike back to the apartment via the trails. so 3.5 mile walk and 12.0 mile ride, a very busy day! 





No comments:

Post a Comment