Friday, November 20, 2020

November 19, 2020- A stunning late fall day for a ride!

 Well bummer, JoLynn has a knee swelling problem and she can't ride but she told me to go for a ride anyway, love that women!! :) It's November 19th. 2020 and WOW, it's already 70 F by 9 AM.!! That's a rare day in late fall, it's usually 40 to 45 F so yes, I headed out for a "out and about" ride on different trails, etc. Had to peel off the jacket almost right away and riding in shorts in Nov. is a real treat!! Stopped along the Rock Island Trail heading E. for a protein bar and water break and took a couple of photos. Then headed down the South Homestead Trail over to the Bijou St. Bike Lane to get to downtown Co. Spgs. and over to the westside and stop at the Colorado Springs Bike Shop to see if they have my favorite "soft foam" grips in stock. Rats, none but I paid and they now have them on order for me. After that I headed home slowly on the Interstate Greenway, (we call it the Pine St. Trail) to pick up the Pikes Peak Greenway over the Popcycle Bridge and back to the apt.! It's so nice to be able to just store the "bicycles" in our 2nd. floor apt. instead of having to have a separate storage unit, that we had to have for the recumbent trikes!!! The weather for the rest of the week, low 40 F, with possible light rain/snow showers Friday afternoon and on Saturday, RATS!! :( Oh well gota get those rides when you can with old man winter coming up fast! ;)

My "new to me" Electra Townie 21d, set up for riding!

Rock Island Trail heading east!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment